Have you ever thought about building a basement office into your house? All of the recent changes in today’s workforce mean many Americans are now working from the comfort of their homes some of the time or even all of the time. For this reason, the internet is bursting with numerous home office ideas — even ideas for basement offices!
Basement renovations that include home offices are gaining popularity with homeowners thanks to all the benefits that come along with them. We have gathered a list of 5 benefits of home office creation in a finished basement. Read below to learn more!
1. Increased Market Value of Property More employees than ever are taking advantage of working from home thanks to encouragement from employers rather than spending full-time days in the office. A home office that is built-in enhances the attractive draw to any property on today’s real estate market. Work from home models only seem to be increasing, meaning investors and homeowners are seeking to buy properties that go along with this new craze.
2. Minimize Diversions If you have tried to work from home in the past, you are aware of the amount of distractions that may present themselves on any given day. If you do not live alone, it can be difficult to concentrate on work related tasks. The placement of a home office during your basement remodel provides you with an opportunity to be physically separated from your home life when you are in work mode, allowing you to have the structure necessary while working in your home office.
3. Maximum Space Use Home offices that have been improvised may use up space needed in other spaces within your house. A finished basement lets you have a workspace that is independent of the other rooms in your home. Additionally, basement remodeling allows you to include spaces like a gym or a bar, meaning you can take advantage of every last square inch of your house.
4. Infinite Design Options When remodeling contractors place your home office down in your basement, there is no need to match your desk to your bedroom set or to your living room wallpaper. The spatial design and color palette of your basement home office and be unique and independent, allowing you to freely select an office set-up that goes with your design preferences and properly shows off your personality.
5. Additional Storage If you do not have an extra bedroom that can be converted into a home office, your desk and work space may become cluttered easily. In many cases, homeowners have to push their work desk against a dining room or living room wall, which leaves very little office storage space. You can have much more space in which to store your office supplies if you have remodeling companies build your home office in your finished basement.
Reach out to BM Remodeling & Painting Today and Find Out More About Our Finished Basement Options
Curious about other manners in which a finished basement may be advantageous for your house? Contact the basement contractors at BM Remodeling & Painting now to find out more about how we have helped customers with finished basement renovations. Otherwise, go ahead and complete our quick form online to receive a complimentary project estimate with no obligations.